>> August 30, 2010
Powered by S90.
- 3 medium sized eggplant (talong)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- about 200 grams ground beef
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
1. Wash and grill the eggplants until skin is roasted and the flesh is tender. Set aside.
2. When it's cold enough, remove the skin using your fingers. You can also remove the stem.
3. Mash the eggplants using a fork. Flatten it.
1. Heat pan with oil. Saute garlic until golden brown. Add the onion.
2. Add the ground beef and mix well. Add a little bit of water and let it boil. This is a good way to make sure you kill the bacterias and it's cooked well.
3. Continue cooking the ground beef until the water is dry and it's well done.
Eggs and everything else.
1. In a shallow plate, pour the beaten eggs.
2. Lay the flattened, mashed eggplants on top and let it soak in the eggs.
3. Then mix the ground beef on top and try to flatten it together with then eggplants and egg mixture.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Slightly spill the egg mixture on it. Then try to even out the mixture in the pan and make it nice and flat.
5. Turn on the other side when its ready.
Serves 2 to 3. Serve it with white rice and slices of fresh tomatoes. The torta also goes well with tomato ketchup as a dip.